Jambands.ca

New Arcade Fire: Neon Bible

deranger

So I happen to be reading this weeks NOW new albums for 2007 and they mention how the Fire have set up this 1-866-NEON BIBLE toll free number to hear songs from the new record. So I try and sure enough it works. The website

http://www.neonbible.com/

didn't seem to do much other than beep at me, but the message at the toll free number is cool. Dial ext. 7777 for a song, and try pressing different numbers to get weird different stuff. Other songs, I heard at least 2 full length (?) songs from the new record. Then when I pressed 1 and it hung up on me. Also, you can leave a message that will be sent to the "head office". I asked Arcade Fire to please come play shows in Toronto and tour lots and lots.

Here's the NOW thing:

THE ARCADE FIRE

TITLE Neon Bible (Merge)

RELEASE DATE March/April

ADVANCE BUZZ More epic orchestral anthems of hope and hopelessness from the kids who ignited international hype for the Montreal scene.

Now that they count David Bowie and David Byrne among their legions of fans and can sell out a five-night stand in London in a matter of minutes, the heat is on the Montreal seven-(plus)-piece indie heroes to release a worthy follow-up to 04's mega-breakout, Funeral. The Arcade Fire attempted to sate jonesing fans by setting up a curious toll-free number (1-866-NEON-BIBLE ext 7777), where you can hear a fuzzy sneak preview of upcoming album track Intervention. The pipe organ core and hymn-like repetition of the tune suggest that the process of recording in a church in rural Quebec (the band purchased the building to turn into a studio) may have brought the Fire flock even closer to their ecclesiastical roots, though Cold Wind, the song penned for Six Feet Under that (fingers crossed) will hopefully turn up on Neon Bible, hews closer to the restrained shimmery starkness of Funeral's Haiti. At any rate, it's certain to be an arena-sized, multi-instrumental spectacular

They're playing 5 nights here in montreal next month at a nice small venue (450 people), but unfortunately I was out of the country when they announced the shows and sold the tix.

Will try to get there though.

I have tickets for the saturday night show!!

The single is good, but there is an older version floating around with guitar instead of organ that I much prefer. Black Wave / Bad Vibration is a decent song.

I have huge expectations for this record.

AD