Jambands.ca

Brian Griffith @ Corktown Pub - 01/26

\/\/illy

This is one of the best bands you can ever hope to see and they're Hamilton's own. The Brian Griffith band at the legendary Corktown pub. A bunch of us were there on Friday night when they played and I distinctively saw many jaws hanging around floor level. I don't know if they're going to end up with a regular gig there or not so make a point of not missing this show. The band on Friday was:

Brian Griffith - Guitar

Joel Guenther - Guitar/Vocals

Colin Lapsley - Guitar/Vocals

Tony Valcic - Drums

This band is smokin'! Joel and Colin's vocal harmonies were numbing, and Brian's guitar work is absolutely world class and leaves you shaking your head in disbelief. Tony is fascinating on the kit and I believe was the touring drummer for Holly McNarland (thanks MarcO) at one point in time.

Tony is fascinating on the kit and I believe was the touring drummer for the Barenaked Ladies and Natalie Imbruglia at one point in time although I can't find reference to it on the web right now.

Tone Valcic was the drummer for Holly McNarland for some time (along with Les Cooper on guitar). As far as I know Tyler Stewart is and always has been the drummer for BNL. Perhaps Tone briefly replaced him due to illness or something? No idea.

A google search on the correct spelling will get some results. Hope this helps.

He's a good guy too. Used to regularly rock my world on percussion with the legendary Hamilton band Uncle Violet.

Used to regularly rock my world on percussion with the legendary Hamilton band Uncle Violet.

the shows crammed into that little bar (the original Amigo's?) across the street from The Cow (later Polo's) were some of the best nights of music I ever have had the pleasure of... Tony was a god with his little percussion setup

the original excuse to stay out way too late on a sunday school night ;)

(thanks for the spellin correction, google wouldn't co-operate for me)