Jambands.ca

Anti-Dion smear ads by Conservatives

The Chameleon

This has gone in a great direction, thanks folks.

I listened to Geer on CBC and heard him out, ie.

That pointing out what is wrong is the first step in doing something right.

Listening to him it seemed that he framed his argument more around criticism of a government or structure that is in a position of power, and therefore has the ability to actually make a change or "right a wrong" based on backlash from the ads. But in the case of the Dion ads, it's actually the reverse, ie. the gov't criticizing the opposition who are not in a position of power, ie. the ultimate goal is to restrict any change, ie. people voting for Dion and booting the government.

(clearly my perspective is more simple politics than advanced theory here)

But in the case of the Dion ads, it's actually the reverse, ie. the gov't criticizing the opposition who are not in a position of power, ie. the ultimate goal is to restrict any change, ie. people voting for Dion and booting the government.

Bingo - and restricting open (i.e. vulnerable) communication. That tack would make issues more significant than (who holds) power.

It's a minority government. The political equivilant of weak and afraid, and clearly fighting for its survival. And it is kind of an election campaign, or could be, at anytime the house wants to bring these evil guys down.

BUT, if they're so bad, then why hasn't the house done it yet? Oh yeah, cause there's a real good chance that this weak and afraid government would become a whole lot less weak and afraid after the next round of votes is collected... Maybe not if you selected a sample from Jamband and Jamband related communities, but I'd say that the majority of Canadians consider the Conservatives a Viable option (as they do the Liberals too, cause historically, they've won a few times here and there), and this current Generation certainly have their Ducks in a Row, so to speaks, and have done it without say, putting the Homeless in Jail, Gay's in Concentration camps, bombing Iran, forcing schools to teach creationism...

The Jury is still out on Dion, and I'd like to thank him for bringing TALK about environmental issues to the forefront of contempary Political discourse, but when all the cards are shown, I think people (democratically speaking), are going to balk at the idea of Having Dion speak for the Nation of Canada. Silly Nationalists... but what must be done, must be done! Lets see the numbers Dion!!! Where's the plan!! Are you telling me you're the one who's going to reunite the Martinites and the Creatienites? Seriously? No Seriously?... How you can do that with a straight face is amazing!

Sure the ad was/is a pot shot. Kind of like when Jaws would bump the boat a couple of times just to let you know it was there before it moves in for the kill, er I mean effective and rebuilt quality political win. Ahhh Politics is quite the game.

We need a religion forum, I mean hasen't there been such a push to segregate Religion from the State, couldn't we do the same in here... or you know what... fuck forums, I mean the YouTube forum would be great, but I see more YouTube stuff in the Cavern Anyways.

Go 67's.