Jambands.ca

Mr. Something Something looking for musicians

bradm

I just got an e-mail from one of the guys in Toronto afro-beat band Mr. Something Something, asking if anybody knew of any musicians who might fit what they need:

Hey friends-

i think that most of you are somewhat familiar with the Toronto-based, afro-jazz/funk group that i am involved with called Mr. Something Something (www.mrsomethingsomething.com)...

currently we are looking to fill a couple of seats in the band (mostly for some up-coming recording but there will be some live playing and touring as well) and i was hoping that you may know of a player or two who may be interested/available to work with us.

1- we are urgently looking for an electric bass player with experience playing west african grooves (afrobeat or similar genre) for a small tour coming up at the end of march... pay isn't killer but it would be a couple weeks of work touring across canada. some rehearsals will be required.

2-looking for one or more percussionists with experience in afrobeat styles (mostly nigerian/ghanaian conga-type hand drums, bells and african maracas) for some immediate recording sessions and some uncoming live dates. rehearsals required.

3-we are always looking for more horn players (trumpet and bari sax in particular) for various shows and recording projects. experience playing afro or latin-based music is pretty much essential... plenty of 'blowing' opportunities (mostly modal melodic content).

please forward this to anyone who may be into it. any interested individuals can contact me through this email address

thanks for your time

lg

The best bet would be to contact them through their website.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
Removed e-mail address.

does this mean that they don't have Liam on bass anymore? or is it that he can't make a couple dates... He is my favorite player in the band.

I assume since they say that the bass player is for a short tour in March that they still have Liam, but that he can't get away those dates. I know they don't have their baritone player (I think his name was Todd) anymore; when I saw them in Ottawa in November, they only had one horn (John, the tenor player), and when I saw them in Toronto in December, they had Richard Underhill sit in on baritone sax.

Aloha,

Brad