Jambands.ca

Julie Doiron Tour Dates

AD

Well it seems she isn't coming to visit me this time around, so there will definitely be 'words' about this snub. All you non-Ottawa folks must support her. I still haven't posted the pic of me and her from waaay back. I should do that soon.

02/05/07 Antigonish, NS - St. FX University - Fine Arts Building

02/10/07 Saint John, NB - Elwoods

02/20/07 Toronto, ON - The Drake

02/21/07 London, ON - Alex P. Keaton

02/22/07 Waterloo, ON - Jane Bond

02/23/07 Guelph, ON - Family Thrift Store

02/25/07 Windsor, ON - Phog Lounge

05/03/07 Toronto, ON - Over the Top Festival

That's what the Family Thrift Store is it's literally like one of those bric a brac places that's crammed full of weird little kitzschy things and yep used furniture. That's what I mean about Julie she's so fucking weird like that. She totally could be doing soft seaters with hundreds of people (if she wanted).

No she couldn't. That chick is waaaaayyyyy too annoying to have any kind of mainstream success.

You and I shall come to blows next time we meet. Unless you mean annoying in a 'she writes great tunes and performs them well with honesty and class'

get her album with the wooden stars, still my favourite album. it's got fuller arrangements if you're sick of just her voice and a guitar.

edit - I can't believe you said that!!

Her albums and songs are fine, her personality/ stage persona just irritate the hell out of me.

Most of the people I have ever talked to about JD share the same sentiments. Maybe she just plays up the role out there for the hometown crowd I don't know....

And who the hell are you AD Robbie Williams? A fight? At least put up a $100,000.

S

ps. You and I still have a war to wage over my Bjork comments!

I'm with AD on this one. She could totally dominate the Feist market- she doesn't want to I'm sure. The junk store is cute but a bit played out. Although the girl I'm dating made a good point and she's knowledgeable, that every tune is 'I'll never get over him' which is true.

yes, I'm Robbie Williams. Millenium. I'll put up a buck, and I'll have to make sure you drink a case of Bud first. Then we brawl!

I think her stage persona is mostly nerves, she never really seems all that comfortable. Her banter is hilarious most of the time, in a slightly uncomfortable way, that 'uncomfortable talking' is what you're not likeing, if I understand right.

Anyways, someday we'll escape to paradise together (julie and me). We'll send a postcard.

I get what you're saying about the awkward stage manner- sorry I can hardly type I'm >>tripping balls<< at the university library and Apollo Sunshine's The Egg is cranking in my ears and 'on and on it goes, seems the more you learn the less and less you know'- what was I saying yeah I hate Sarah Slean too. But Doiron's a whole different beast.