Jambands.ca

Garth Turner to Liberals

Hux

EX-CELLENT.....

100276794_548c83c4eb_m.jpg

that excellent was....excellent.

turner's crossing the floor not so much.

as a resident of halton i would far rather have a liberal then a conservative, but garth could have really made a splash by joining the greens.

i am curious to see how the by-election talk is handled, admittedly the circumstances are different, but he will no doubt be reminded of his comments on david emmerson...

Garth has always been a PROGRESSIVE Conservative anyways, he's probably found his best fit in the Liberal Party anyways.

**timouse is right - the important thing to remember in this situation is that Turner isn't crossing the floor, the Conservatives kicked him out, so it's a little different dynamic than Stronach/Khan/Emerson, etc...

I gained a lot of respect for Turner after he stood up to Harper and his crew. He wrote a number of editorials/letters to our local paper (Oakville Beaver) that showed he was making his own decisions all along the way and that he chose not to be a puppet.

If any conservatives bitch about him joining the liberals i'll puke. Since he was kicked out, he's free to join whomever he wishes. Totally different than the Stronach deal.

It might not be exactly the same as Stronach or Emerson in that he was forced out but bottom line is he was elected as a Conservative. If he really wants to show his constituents that he walks the walk then he should ask for a by-election.

I dearly want Garth to show us that he's not like the rest of them. Now's his chance.

Ollie, I agree. I think that ANYTIME an elected official leaves their position as a result of changing party affiliation, or whatever, there should be a mandatory by-election. These mucks are representatives of the people/riding that elected them. I wish more MPs would be more in touch with their ridings after they get elected too.