Jambands.ca

fuÇk The Police

zero

Seriously everyone should listen to J Dilla's Fuck The Police (on his myspace). It's one of my all time favourite hip hop songs. One of the most important cop protest songs ever too I'd reckon.

"Fuck The Police" is a single by the late rapper/producer, J Dilla. In the song, Dilla chastises corrupt policemen who conduct illegal searches and plant evidence on blacks. The song begins with Dilla saying the words: "The views expressed on this recording are solely those of the artist, and by no means do we encourage or condone violence against law officials."

This disclaimer was likely added to prevent any backlash against Up Above Records for some of the song's incendiary lyrics: Applaud any nigga that bucked them/ Cause we could lose a few of 'em/ We got enough of 'em... They thought he had a gun/ Made-a-mistake-cops/ I hate cops... Now tell me who protects me from you?/ I got people who buy techs and weed from you.

The B-Side to "Fuck The Police" was the futuristic "Move", featuring Frank-N-Dank.

[edit] Track listing

Fuck The Police (Dirty)

Fuck The Police (Radio)

Fuck The Police (Instrumental)

Move (feat. Frank-N-Dank) (Dirty)

Move (feat. Frank-N-Dank) (Radio)

Move (feat. Frank-N-Dank) (Instrumental)