Jambands.ca

Monday Rant

pipin

Hello well I guess this is kinda a rant, and also some info for a few bands who post here, I have a band The Smoothies and we were booked to play last night (Sun) @ The Double Olive in St. Catharines ( I know a few band that post here also play there ), so we showed up and the owner informed us that "He cancelled all the summer gig there" !!!! Well needless to say he didn't call us or even attempt to (gee thanks), to make matters worse 2 of our band members were on vacation so we hired 2 really good working musicians to come fill in and play (Pete Shea - super jazz cat and James Moore guitar player for Holl McNarland sp??). Not to mention both guys cancelled other gigs to play with us then get stiffed themselves.... So I'm just putting the word out [Mad] BLACK LISTED [Mad] I guess this is nothing new for this bar owner...

So bands beware

I agree that the owner was a jerk, and I don't want to be disrespectful and "blame the victim", but I think the moral is clear: it's up to you, the band (leader) to phone and confirm gigs (especially out-of-town gigs) a day or so in advance.

Aloha,

Brad

Ya that's true, but we actually talked to him 1 week before to confirm and he said everything was good to go......plus to top it off after he told us the gig was cancelled he said "OH I just saw you keyboard player here the other day" well thanks for letting him know!!!!

Archived