Jambands.ca

Booze and smokes more dangerous than some illegal drugs

phishtaper

Tobacco causes 40 per cent of all hospital illnesses, while alcohol is blamed for more than half of all visits to hospital emergency rooms. The substances also harm society in other ways, damaging families and occupying police services.

Let us remember that since tobacco and alcohol are legal that many more people are using them hence more visits to the hospital/abuse.

Anyone ever drink more than 6 coffees in a day? Caffinee pills... put that fuggin drug on the list too.

Yes, at one point in time during college, I have estimated that I drank more than 15 cups of coffee a day on a daily basis. Surprisingly my migraines were really bad during that period of my life. My roommate and I would start every day with a full mug of stovetop espresso. At the office they had a cute secretary who was resposible for making sure there was fresh coffee at all times and I did. After dinner would mean another mug of espresso to get us wound up for the night. We'd then proceed to drink in Ottawa until 1am, and then pile into cabs, shoot over to Hull, and drink until 3am. On the way back we'd feast on poutine and drink coffee at the deli. Then it was home to bed and up at 6:30am for work. Very healthy lifestyle.

I also had a friend who chewed a mouthfull of caffiene pills before coming over and dropping LSD. The results were not good.

Yeah, I definately crossed the line in university with coffee... And Wake up pills, with the rooster on em... used em once and ended up finishing my essay or whatever and then stared at my aquarium for 4 hours... no sleep till brooklyn.

Since then, having a good sleep is one of my top priorities, so I barely touch the stuff... that being said, when I do get a double espresso, it's got a powerful effect. I'm such a cheap drunk!