Peterborough, Ontario

Apr 13 2007 8:00P

Velvet Elvis

Oshawa, Ontario

Apr 26 2007 10:30P

Montreal House/Reg gig

Peterborough, Ontario

and they're back up in Ottawa at Irenes May 25

does www.myspace.com/thecountyboys work for you? that's what it says on the top of my browser, but not in my address bar...

• 3 weeks later...
cool :)

i'm gonna try to check out their next peterborough show...

I want to check out their next Toronto show, as I missed this one on Tuesday :(

Apr 10 2007 9:30P

Mitzi's Sister

Toronto, Ontario

thanks a bunch for hooking me up with their cd mooose..I just finished listening to it and I want to start it all over again!

county-boys-tm.jpg

The County Boys themselves bring about a lot of the same feelings the Silver Hearts used to evoke when they had their regular Wednesday night gig at the Montreal House. It’s a fast barrage of strings that seems to pluck, pick and jangle its way through your auditory canals, down your body and out your feet, making them stomp uncontrollably (I refuse to use the word foot-stompin’ as an adjective). It’s both traditional and unique, and forces you to get up and hoedown (after you’ve polished off that beer tower, of course).

The group consists of three members: Chris Culgin on guitar, Benj Rowland on banjo, and Diamond Dave Russell on upright bass. The band met locally, playing shows around town, so the union of the three was inevitable. Culgin and Rowland routinely busked at the Farmer’s Market as “Bottle Neck Benj and Tin Can Chris,†and Culgin and Russell were playing in the Lotus Wight band at the time. All three members supply vocals and harmonies to the performance, and like all good bands, songwriting duties are shared between all three members.

read more here

thanks a bunch for hooking me up with their cd mooose..I just finished listening to it and I want to start it all over again!

Do they play all their own material - and, if so, how do I get my hands on one of those CDs?

Edited by Guest