Jambands.ca

Now they will know we were here : extra-terrestrial content

nibbler

NASA scientists say they've never seen anything like it on any other planet:

PIA09185-br500.jpg

The Cassini spacecraft has photographed a bizarre

geometrical figure encircling Saturn's north pole: a hexagon.

(look for the thin black line inside the ring of light blue aurora.)

The hexagon is over two Earth-widths wide!

Hi res images and more information are posted on a NASA website

Are you ready for the Mothership Connection?

The straight sides of the northern polar hexagon are each about 13,800 kilometers long. The entire structure rotates with a period of 10h 39m 24s, the same period as that of the planet's radio emissions, which is assumed to be equal to the period of rotation of Saturn's interior. The hexagonal feature does not shift in longitude like the other clouds in the visible atmosphere.

180px-Saturn_hexagonal_north_pole_feature.jpg

180px-Rotatingsaturnhexagon.gif

MOBE, please elaborate on your Cydonia wonderments...

I dunno. That's the same (albeit bewilderingly interesting) number play they got going in the Fertile Crescent 5000 years ago, and onwards - 360 degrees in a circle, modeled on the 360 days in a year, plus 5 festival days in which the eternal can enter the sphere of time, which is likely where people came up with the concept of the pyramid/ziggurat [five points, oriented to the four quarters with one looking up to the heavens], along with all the mathematical craziness that was derived from the precession of the equinoxes ) (sorry, I used to be a Joseph Campbell junkie), and, well, look where that's got us.

"The Man. Oh, you don't know The Man? The Man's everywhere: in the White House, down the hall, Miss Mullins; she's The Man! And The Man ruined the ozone, and he's burning down the Amazon and he kidnapped Shamu and put her in a chlorine tank! Okay! And there used to be a way to stick it to The Man, it was called rock 'n roll. But guess what? Oh no! The Man ruined that too with a little thing called MTV! So don't waste your time trying to make anything cool or pure or awesome 'cause The Man's just gonna call you a fat washed up loser and crush your soul. So do yourself a favor and just give up!" - Jack Black in School of Rock

MOBE, I submit, Cydonia could have E.T. significance. Thanks for the links. There seems to have been much attempt to debunk Cydonia as natural geological formations and shadows. Personally I think both sides of the argument have merit.

I am skeptical/curious as to why so many probes/landers/satelliets sent to the red planet malfunction and fail. Including the UK's Beagle 2 in 2004 (lander/rover-to search for signs of life) and Japan's Nozomi in 2003 (the only interplanetary mission that Canada has participated in to date). As it stands, the USA is the only country to have successfully LANDED a probe on Mars. The USA is the only country with future ground missions presently scheduled. Many a scientist and space enthusiast have criticized NASA for failing to commit to studying and photographing Cydonia in more detail.

sagan2.gif

This Hexagon on Saturn on the other hand- I haven't heard much convincing debunking about it yet. On a planet with a thick cloudy atmosphere, we find this massive, perfectly geometrical hexagonal clearing in the clouds, 75 MILES DEEP, 2 EARTH DIAMETERS WIDE rotating in sync with the planet...