Jambands.ca

Good Cheap Used Furniture in Toronto?

YearsAlongTheSea

Well YATS, for all my widget, whatsamacallit and thingamajiggy needs, I usually go to any Value Village (there's a big one right at Landsdowne and Bloor)

Once upon a time, there was a big Goodwill store at Adelaide and Parliament (maybe??) that had a whole floor of furniture. I think that location is gone, but surely there's another one that has taken its place. I remember they even had affordable delivery for those sofas that just won't fit on your back :P

and don't forget to check out/subscribe to freecycle:

The Freecycle Network is open to all who want to "recycle" that special something rather than throw it away. Whether it's a chair, a fax machine, piano or an old door, feel free to post it. Or maybe you're looking to acquire something yourself! Nonprofit groups are also welcome to participate too!

One constraint: everything posted must be free. The Freecycle Network is a nonprofit organization and a movement of people interested in keeping good stuff out of landfills.

Check out freecycle.org for other cities and information!

E-mail FreecycleTO-owner@yahoogroups.com for questions

Drive along Queen Street East and look for the used/antiques stores - it begins around Sherbourne and there's stores dotted along the way all the way out past Greenwood. There's literally dozens of stores along Queen Street. You won't be disappointed.