Jambands.ca

WTTS and Passenger 4/20 - Jimmy Jazz - Marriage and Map Checking

Deeps

Hi,

This will be WTTS's last show for a while. It's been a pretty steady ride for about 3 years and it's time to pull over and check the map.

The last 2 times I walked away from the shows we did with Passenger I thought they were the most fun shows I'd ever played. Here's hoping the 3rd is the same.

If you are around Guelph and are looking for a truly unique gathering of folks who are dedicated to improvisation and by that I mean effective listening and controlled improvisation, than we would gladly have y'all out.

In the coming months I will get married and find a renewed musical direction whether that involves what the thunder said I am not sure, I am hopeful it does as I think our sound has potential and once refined could bring forth some sweet musical nectar, but that story remains to be laid out.

I will say this though we are playing really well right now as a result of the soul searching we've been doing with regard to this musical relationship we've nurtured for the last span of time and I am proud of us.

Regards,

Deeps

Passenger - 11:00p

WTTS - 12:00a

Passengers of Thunder - 1:00a

I was there for awhile last night. Good times from what I can remember.

Passenger showed off some masterful playing (especially drummer Sam Cino) and a perfect mix for the smallish bar. Real deal rock improv over some seriously jazzy beats. I'd see them anytime.

WTTS was good. I didn't stay for their full set. definitely a 420 band. They were at their best when they were playing like white guys. Their rapper's words were unfortunately buried in the mix and consequentially rendered worthless. the rock was hot however.