July 13 - 15 Chicago

July 17 - Upper Darby PA

July 18 - Boston

July 20 - 21 - NYC

July 22 - Bethel

July 24 - CT

July 26 - Portsmouth

July 27 - 28 Charlotte

Woohoo - I'm so happy to see the Bethel date was real. It's on a Sunday. I don't see any conflicts. Looks to be about a 6 hr drive from Ottawa. I'm seriously considering going down with the family. It's an outdoor venue - should be fine for the kids.

(Looks to be pretty close to Scranton- Wilks Barre. I wonder if the ball team is in town that weekend?)

They played in Montreal (Club Soda) and Toronto (Opera House) in fall 1997. And tickets were only like $10 ta boot. They had a Toronto date scheduled for fall 1998, but it was cancelled. From my understanding the reason for not playing up here has to do with a lack of large enough fanbase which limits them to smaller venues. These guys travel with a LOT of equipment (4 semis IIRC) and it’s just not worth it for them to play these tiny venues, particularly when they are also playing large venues on the same tour. It makes the logistics rather difficult.

Hey Al,

Remember when we were talking to them backstage in Rochester (96?) and John Bell said that they were slated to open up for the Dead at the two shows that were planned for Skydome???? Man, what a bummer. Those would have been two killer shows :(

Actually, it was 97, and I'm pretty sure that it was Dave Schools that we were talking with. I don't really remember talking much to JB that night.

04/29/97 Rochester Auditorium, Rochester, NY

1: C. Brown, Glory > Weight Of The World, Dyin' Man > Galleon > Diner > Jam > Send Your Mind, Jack, Chilly Water

2: Let's Get Down To Business, Radio Child > Can't Get High, Smoke And Burn, Happy > Hatfield > I Walk On Guilded Splinters > Drums > Pilgrims > No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature

E: The Take Out > Porch Song