Jambands.ca

Dean Ween on the Rochester show

Velvet

From his online tour diary:

"rochester-a really kick ass performance at a club we've played a dozen times over the years. i can't think of too much to say about this show---i mean it was in rochester. we basically smashed rochester's ass into pieces and then left."

Yup. Me and Stapes basically got our asses smashed to pieces and then left too.

Hey Todd, I'm new to the Ween thing, even though I was aware of their work 10 years ago. Question: How does Quebec compare to the only album of their's I own, Chocolate & Cheese?

I'm loving Ween. They are the next band that I can see myself becoming obsessed with, happily joining The Soundtrack Of Our Lives and The White Stripes.

I think if you like C&C, you'll like quebec even more. It's as varied, but somehow more consistent. When it rocks it rocks hard, and when it hits you with a hook, it'll be in your head for days. It beats the Mollusk for wacky studio tricks too.

Give me that z....o..l..oft....

Give me a grip....

here is the tour diary from teh show i hit, a few days after you guys saw them,

""hampton beach-the day of quebec's release, i would've bet money that this gig was going to suck. the venue was an old ballroom style dance hall from the early part of last century, you could just imagine the duke ellington orchestra playing there. the security here were total fascist bastards---i mean in an overall way this is some of the saddest shit i have ever seen on tour--and not just this gig. No smoking, no drinking, no dancing, just don't fucking do anything or we'll have the off duty cops we hire as bouncers pound you into submission; we'll have you arrested, take your drugs, suspend your driving privileges, and put you on tom ridge's terrorist watch list. anyway, i'm getting off topic. this gig was fucking great. one of the most solid shows of the tour, the crowd came to get down , we came to play and it was a very memorable day on a number of levels. oh yeah, it was also mick preston's birthday. all 'n all it was pretty off the hook.""

i sure did come to get down,, saw alot of kids from It there too. beautiful venue on teh beach.

voodoo lady kicked my ass [big Grin]

not quite as good as the show with the kids smashing thru the walls to get into the dressing room, but it was close [Wink]

Archived