Jambands.ca

LUKE DOUCET gets his feet wet in THE CASBAH LOUNGE every Thursday in August

Scheve

[color:green]Cincinnati Records Proudly Presents

Starting August 9th

Every Thursday in August

8PM || $5 || 19+ (Limited all-ages) || CASBAH LOUNGE, 306 King St W || 905-521-4441

bg_main.jpg

LUKE DOUCET

Luke Doucet masterfully effects wonder in the familiar and familiarizes the foreign. Coming together with his band like a zipper closing, he features just as many artists as there are teeth in a Levi's fly.

That guy must be the lost love bastard of kd lang and Tom Waits. – Canadian Press

Luke Doucet has developed a distinct musical style that effectively transfuses the rootsy styles of the past with emotional stresses of the modern urban lifestyle... the playful jazz-based Cajun music , the hybrid sound of Old 97’s take on the country rock genre, the urban wit of early Lowest Of The Low and the vocal style of the Jazz Age crooners. – Chart Magazine

WEB LINKS:

http://www.lukedoucet.com/

http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/LUKE-DOUCET

http://www.sixshooterrecords.com/six_site/artists/art_ld4.html

cooli-oooli-oolio!!!!!!!!!

i'll be there!

edit to add: feels good that i'm now at the point wehre i can look at upcoming shows posted here and say "i'm in".. looking forward to coming home soon!

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm sitting in with the headliner in the main room tonight

With Drew Smith? Cool' date=' I will come by and check it out. If I pay cover in one room does that give me access to the other?[/quote']

Yes sir, Drew Smith. Only playing three or four songs. I'm not sure how they're working the cover...but I think usually if you pay the cover in the main room you're allowed down into the lounge, but not vice versa. Maybe Brodie can advise.

Kevo I think we've met once or twice, eh? If you see a scruffy dude in the company of a case that looks like it holds a pedal steel, come say hi in case I don't recognize you.

Luke Doucet played mostly new stuff last night to a crowd of 10 people max. Folsom Prison > I'm On Fire cover at the end was fun. Encore was a great bluesy number that was a tribute to Rick Danko and the bassman in general. (opening lyrics something like "I was in Woodstock the day Rick Danko died").

My one suggestion for these nights is the lighting.. Couldn't really see Luke! Maybe swing one of those pot lights on the ceilings around so its pointing towards the band's area.

Great to see the Rev on the pedal steel next door too!

Luke Doucet played mostly new stuff last night to a crowd of 10 people max. Folsom Prison > I'm On Fire cover at the end was fun. Encore was a great bluesy number that was a tribute to Rick Danko and the bassman in general. (opening lyrics something like "I was in Woodstock the day Rick Danko died").

My one suggestion for these nights is the lighting.. Couldn't really see Luke! Maybe swing one of those pot lights on the ceiling around so its pointing towards the band's area.

Great to see the Rev on the pedal steel next door too!