Jambands.ca

Skanks need money?

d_rawk

$17/hr, do it from home in your underwear.

Only about an hour, hour and half right now, certainly more in the (very near) future if you aren't completely incompetent. If it takes you ten minutes, I'll still pay you an hour. Simple copy and paste.

Help me, I'm drowning.

Hmm, that isn't a good sign :)

Nothing illicit, I'm not making money off of anyone, I realize this is kinda spammy but don't care, I'm just really really tired. Click, drag mouse, ctrl-x. Click on other window, ctrl-v. That's it, that's all I'm asking for.

The deal is - I was offered data as a CSV file, said don't worry about it, I'll just parse it out of the page. The page is ugly, realized it would cost me at least an hour to automate it, and I'd be better off spending that hour somewhere else were the demand is higher. So, I'm paying out of pocket for something the client offered to do for free, I just don't have the time to do it and would rather pay someone else. This sort of thing happens *often*, so there is a lot more where this comes from.

Indian outsources only cost like $6/hr for data entry, but I'd rather hand it to a skanc and not deal with the middlemen and international complications, if I can.

Help me, I'm drowning.

anyone want to be a personal assistant for $2.50/hr ?

I'm not sure that's a legal rate :) But y'know, if you poke around enough, you can find a team of PAs (with MBAs!) who will work while you sleep and also even handle your personal affairs (anything from ordering flowers or groceries, to making appointments, to holding the line while you're on hold) for under $10/hr. I haven't thought the politics through enough to decide whether I'm comfortable with it, though.

Perhaps we should start an outsourcing thread in the politics forum .. it'd be good to see you poke your head in there once in awhile ;)