Jambands.ca

List of bands that should reunite

Kanada Kev

Big Sugar needs to get back together

I thought Big Sugar got increasingly less interesting with each new album. I love their early raw heavy blues' date=' but they grew too poppy for my tastes.[/quote']

sorry, i should prob read the whole thread before i post...i do miss them...it was fuckin AWESOME to see Gordie w/ the mule in dec. dave i do agree they got "poppy-ier" towards the end but ya have to admit it was better than 95 percent of the other shit i heard from canada in the same time period.

jeff...i didnt know you were a big fan? seen em maybe more times than i have phish...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Sugar needs to get back together

I thought Big Sugar got increasingly less interesting with each new album. I love their early raw heavy blues' date=' but they grew too poppy for my tastes.[/quote']

sorry, i should prob read the whole thread before i post...i do miss them...it was fuckin AWESOME to see Gordie w/ the mule in dec. dave i do agree they got "poppy-ier" towards the end but ya have to admit it was better than 95 percent of the other shit i heard from canada in the same time period.

jeff...i didnt know you were a big fan? seen em maybe more times than i have phish...

I agree Chew. But man, they really had a good thing going before they decided to experiment with too many different music styles. Gordie has a jazz background, but you'd never know it with the mediocre stuff BS released in their latter-era. However I must say, Gordie's newish blues band hasn't been too successful, so maybe it was a good enough gamble to try and expand BS's musical horizon.