Jambands.ca

Did the Skank~Burners make it back?

Baj

...or are they lost forever in Black Rock City ???

from what I have read, things happened this year that have never happened in the history of the event... the lunar eclipse, the pre mature burn, a suicide...

my curiousity is at an all time high about this fest...

if your back, I want more info :P

Burning%20Man%20Wallpaper.jpg

I'll help you get started :P

I was absolutely awed and amazed at the cleanliness after Burning Man was over. Not one speck of anything on the ground. Nothing at all, not one thread of anything. Inspiring to say the least.....50,000 people for 8 days and no garbage at all....there aren't even any garbage pails to put your shit in so everyone takes out what they took in with no exception.

Awesome!

we're back and better than ever! i don't have any photos for you yet due to using 35mm film. (i didn't take my digital for fear of ruining it with dust). ...will be developed within 48 hrs.

we had a camp of 9, an awesome group of people. and whenever we split up (often, always), we always regrouped with wild stories to tell each other.

the oil derrick explosion (crude awakening) was amazing and consisted of endless fireworks i could only dream of... since the burn (the man) was 'green' this year it was toned down but replaced by the crude awakening. ironic i suppose. the art and theme camps were also breathtaking and inspiring, but photos will do more justice.

for now, i'm all tuckered out. more later.

cheers!

I took a total of four photos on my digital camera, all on the first day there. The rest are getting picked up by Craig after work tonight.

I have no idea where to start describing it... in addition to the crazy stuff already mentioned, it also rained, followed by an amazing rainbow... the most awesome vocal wave going around the temple the night it burned.

As for music, I remember one night of Oakenfold then crossing the playa for Bassnectar. And riding an artcar with a band called Warsaw Poland Bros. playing up top.

Random awesome moments: working the hug deli, the hot dog cart that showed up on the playa right when we were hungry, being fed a spoonful of ice cream while dancing in the intense heat at the deep end, hiding in keith's tent during the intense dust storm, the blugrass jam at iron rose, karin and a blow up doll at camp jub, being handed cups of coffee while walking back from eating bacon at pigmalion camp...

A few pictures here:

more tonight i hope!