Jambands.ca

European Tournament 2008

Davey Boy 2.0

This one could be up for a while.

Anyone checking out the England-Israel game on Sat.? I'd love to see the Dutch play but there are very few Dutch qualifiers on in Canada, period. I'm guesssing the Georgie will charge $10 for all the games they're showing on Sat.

England have quite a few injuries but should still beat lowly Israel. Of course most people will agree that nothing's a given with McClaren's lot.

I'm going out on a limb and predicting 1-1 with the brit press howling for several days afterward. 2-1 Israel if Robinson starts- he's simply not inspring confidence these days, not a good mindset for the back 4.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to see the worst dive ever in the history of the game watch the Scotland v Lithunia. Near the end of the first half in Scotland's box and [color:purple]BIG BAD MEAN Darren Flecther who was stand in captain, was called for a foul in the box when he wasn't even close enough to the man to touch him. The guy hit the deck hard and looked for the penalty and got it. I couldnt believe it. Anyways we won 3-1 and its off to France on wednesday for us. Scotland won the first game against France 2-1 in Glasgow. Im predicting another Scottish upset or a draw at the least. The Scots have some great momentum going and finally a belief in themselves I havnt seen since I was a kid watching Mexico 86.

Good news for me again!! I think Im gonna go get Leslie and make a striker ;)

MIKOLIUNAS FACING UEFA PUNISHMENT

Posted 14/09/07 10:16EmailPrintSave

Hearts face a selection dilemma over Saulius Mikoliunas ahead of Saturday's match with Rangers after UEFA charged the winger following his outrageous dive which won Lithuania a penalty against Scotland.

The 23-year-old is expected to receive a hostile reception whenever he next plays for Hearts.

The Tynecastle management team must decide whether to thrust him back into action a week after his Hampden antics incurred the wrath of the Scottish nation.

Mikoliunas is expected to be available for selection and has said he is willing to say sorry to Hearts supporters for last weekend's incident, but stopped short of offering an apology to the rest of Scotland.

He could face a two-match ban from playing for his country if found guilty of deliberately conning referee Damir Skomina against Scotland, when he threw himself over after Darren Fletcher pulled out of a challenge inside the penalty area.

UEFA's control and disciplinary committee will examine the case on Wednesday.

They have the power to enforce a two-game suspension on any player found guilty of "acting with the obvious intent to cause any match official to make an incorrect decision or supporting his error of judgment and thereby causing him to make an incorrect decision".

I cant wait for Tuesday and Wednesday. TSN is showing Liverpool/Porto on Tuesday afternoon, Real/Bremen at midnight and Man U/S.Lisbon and Barce/Lyon at midnight on wednesday.

Matchday 1 - 18 September

A Porto v Liverpool

A Marseille v Besiktas

B Schalke v Valencia

B Chelsea v Rosenborg

C Olympiacos v Lazio

C Real Madrid v Bremen

D Shakhtar v Celtic

D Milan v Benfica

Matchday 1 - 19 September

E Rangers v Stuttgart

E Barcelona v Lyon

F Roma v Dynamo Kyiv

F Sporting v Man. United

G PSV v CSKA Moskva

G Fenerbahçe v Internazionale

H Arsenal v Sevilla

H Slavia v Steaua

• 4 weeks later...

I was emailed the Georgetown schedule for the day

Here's our Euro 08 qualifier line-up for Sat:

* England v Estonia 10 am LIVE ($10 cover for PPV)

* France v Faeroes Islands 11 am LIVE

* Portugal v Azerbaijan 12 pm LIVE

* Sweden v Liechtenstein 1 pm LIVE

* Turkey v Moldova 2 pm

* Slovenia v Albania 3 pm

Shit lineup really, too bad it's a crappy day out there

Edited by Guest

Sorry for the last post, I had a few during the game. It was bedlam in the Rangers Supporter's Club I go to watch the games at. It was almost like being back home. These are the days the Tartan Army have been dreaming of since...forever.

I just finished watching the England game, and I must say that was the most convincing they have looked in a long time. It actually looked like they were interested in being out there for a change.

1733: If the score stays the same - and it's all Russia at the moment - it means qualification is no longer in England's hands. Russia would edge out England if they win their last two games against Israel (away) and Andorra (away).

Oh well. Let the moan begin.

Scotland just kicked off in Georgia...4 points or a win and France failing to beat Lithuania today puts us in...and it gets better...

Georgia coach Klaus Toppmoller, whose side have no chance of qualifying, hands a debut to 17-year-old goalkeeper Giorgi Makaridze even though the gangly youngster has yet to play for his club side Dinamo Tbilisi.