Jambands.ca

Jim Bryson joins Weakerthans for tour

AD

In what could be called a fine ending to a surreal week, I got a call last week asking me to play in the Weakerthans for their upcoming tour of Canada, the USA and Europe. Tough to say no to such fine fellas' and such, I have said yes.

This does mildly alter some solo plans, but I will be opening some shows and working hard in January and February on loads of solo stuff.

Attaboy!

You can win free tix to see the Weakerthans in Toronto:

http://www.nowtoronto.com/cgi-bin/EH/EventHandler.cgi?Actn=Entry_Form&Fnm=weakerthans&User_ID=contests

WIN tickets to see The Weakerthans and a prize pack!

Enter to WIN tickets to see The Weakerthans LIVE on November 8 at The Phoenix, a Reunion Tour CD and a t-shirt!

Deadline for entries is Sunday, September 16 at 11pm. One entry per household.

In what could be called a fine ending to a surreal week' date=' I got a call last week asking me to play in the Weakerthans for their upcoming tour of Canada, the USA and Europe. Tough to say no to such fine fellas' and such, I have said yes.

This does mildly alter some solo plans, but I will be opening some shows and working hard in January and February on loads of solo stuff.[/quote']

Attaboy!

All Night Christian Rollerskate is STILL, to this day, one of my fav records. This reminds me, we need a "Back in the day" forum. Remember shotmaker? A great great GREAT ACT! I always took pride in the fact that "before" they were from Ottawa, they were from Brighton (my home town 5,00 ppl) in fact I used to date a girl who lived next to the barn they used to practice in. In fact, Nick's mom used to own the local record store. A lovely English lady. Their tune Uninhibited still sends chills up my spine. Matt also had a great band "post" shotmaker called Three Penny Opera with a ridiculous second drummer named Andy (Last name?).