Jambands.ca

Jam Picnic This Sunday....

jonyak

Hey all I just wanted to let you guys know that me and a few friends have been doing this for about 5 years and I was wondering if any of you would wanna join us for a day in the park.

We pretty much have an entirely open jam day where anyone can get up and play alittle or alot if you feel like it.

Heres and email from The "organiser" he wanted me to pas on to anyone who migth be interested.

Hello All!!

I have booked the bandstand at Vincent Massey Park for Sunday, September 16th, for the purposes of an open summer jam. The park is located right across the Rideau River from Carleton University. The vehicle entrance is located at the intersection of Riverside Dr. and Heron Rd. There is a $4 fee for day parking. I have included some links at the bottom of the email, one to a layout of the park itself, and one showing the location within Ottawa but I'm sure most of the people I'm emailing about this are not only familiar with the Park, but also my previous jam picnics.

We will have 2 drum kits setup on the bandstand, as well as a sufficient amount of amps, etc. There will be an undetermined amount of guitars, synthesizers, basses, etc. as well, but to ensure you have an instrument, I'd recommend bringing your own. Also, if you would like to offer your amplifier for use, email me, I would greatly appreciate it.

There is plenty of space for any activities around the park, and also, make sure to take advantage of the BBQ grills in the park, just bring a little charcoal and some burgers and you will be set. Donations to help fund the event are welcome.

Drinking is not permitted on the site, but as long as it is on the down low, I have rarely had any problems at the site.

I would really appreciate people sending this out to friends just so we can get as many jammers as possible. Feel free to include anyone I may have forgotten as well.

I will send out other emails as the date draws closer, but consider this a long term warning to help facilitate planning. Anyways, feel free to direct any questions to me at either benjaminhudson@gmail.com or beek420@hotmail.com,

Love Ben.

Layout of Park:

http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/data/2/rec_docs/1503_vm_map_andlegend.pdf

Google Maps link to park location:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=heron+road+and+riverside+drive,+ottawa,+on&sll=49.891235,97.15369&sspn=46.356176,99.667969&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=45.380246,-75.691381&spn=0.012238,0.024333&z=15&iwloc=addr

Edited by Guest
maybe I should not have posted his phone number.