Jambands.ca

Feast of Fields - Ottawa, this Saturday

AD

This looks like a goooood time with great food. Had some friends rave about it last year.

Read more about it here

Feast of Fields is an annual event organized by Canadian Organic Growers in Ottawa. Canadian Organic Growers (COG), a volunteer, non-profit organization, is the national voice for organic food producers and consumers in Canada. Local, organic food is our best choice for nutrition, taste, and our environment. Feast of Fields provides a unique opportunity to sample such food, the best of our fall harvest, prepared by Chefs from over 25 top restaurants in Ottawa, Gatineau and region.

The event brings together farmers who embrace local and organic production methods with chefs who support a healthy and environmentally-friendly lifestyle. In 2006, over six hundred people from the community enjoyed an exquisite culinary feast under the trees of Vincent Massey Park.

A key planning focus for COG-Ottawa is minimizing our environmental footprint, throughout the event lifecycle planning. As in past years, dinnerware used for the event is recycled, gently used dishware and cutlery. This year’s event has a number of additional Greening Initiatives. Learn about our greening initiatives here!

i have no money for anything other than rock concert tickets :P

but i have been taking advantage of the markets and eating unreal fresh corn and other veggies. it's a great time of year :)

tonight i made:

pork tenderloin rubbed with brown sugar, spices, and basted with jack daniels

reduction of pear, apricot and my fave, hot but smokey BBQ sauce (fighting cock kentucky bourbon sauce)

baby red and white potatoes, carrots, and garlic, oven-roasted in rosemary and olive oil

fresh yellow beans

green salad with a sweet poppy dressing

a bottle of cabernet.

dessert was shooters of layered kahlua, cacao and baileys, which i consider a performance art ;) mmmm!

• 2 weeks later...
tonight i made:

pork tenderloin rubbed with brown sugar, spices, and basted with jack daniels

reduction of pear, apricot and my fave, hot but smokey BBQ sauce (fighting cock kentucky bourbon sauce)

baby red and white potatoes, carrots, and garlic, oven-roasted in rosemary and olive oil

fresh yellow beans

green salad with a sweet poppy dressing

a bottle of cabernet.

dessert was shooters of layered kahlua, cacao and baileys, which i consider a performance art mmmm!

::drool::