Jambands.ca

Peterborough MoHo Nov/Dec(Sadies content!)

Red dog

Hello all,

My name is James, I know a few of you from seeing you at my bands shows (The Spades). Well I am not here to talk about that, actually I started helping with bookings at our old haunt The MoHo in Peterborough and wanted to share some of the stuff I have lined up for the next month. If it is offensive in anyway being that it is my first post, I apologize, just a little excited to be working on bringing these shows to the Patch. Let me know what you think of the line up so far:

Nov 2nd - BoB Wiseman w/Evening Hymnes

Nov 3rd Two Hours Traffic

Nov 9th NQ Arbuckle

Nov 16th BA Johnson w/Baby Eagle and The Sweet Homewreckers

Nov 17th Elliot Brood w/ Acorn and Sunparlour Players

Nov 24th The Creaking Tree String Quartet w/Lotus white

Dec 1st THE SADIES

Well I'm pretty happy with it so far. www.themoho.ca also open to ideas of who people think might be a good band to have at The MoHo.

Edited by Guest

That's a great lineup for the MoHo. I'm looking forward to seeing CTSQ sometime soon (though probably in Toronto, not Ptbo). Anything going on in Ptbo on Friday Nov 30, after Harry Manx? A few of us are coming up (Me, Nelles, Caroline). Show or not, we should meet up for a beer.

We hadn't played there in quite sometime and then did a show a few weeks back, it felt great and lots of folks came out. We decided to keep our tradition of doing new years there, so that will be our next one and then probably not another for quite awhile. I guess I shouldn't call it an old haunt, we are still haunting it! Hotels, not really sure there, I'll check it out and get back.

Edited by Guest

looks great james!

I've got half a mind to get down there for the bob wiseman show this weekend.

haven't seen lotus white's name around in a while - that was always a good night of music. and i have yet to see the ctsq, so that might be a reason to head down there too...

as if i need more reasons to get to peterborough.

well, good work my friend - keep it up!

looking forward to seeing you on your way through ottawa next week :)

cheers

c

I am in Quebec today and can not recall my moho log in, but for some reason remember a very old spades log in I once registered. Any way this is a note to anyone going to Bob Wiseman tonight at The MoHo in Peterborough: IT IS AN EARLY SHOW! Starting at 9pm rather than the usual 10:30sh start. Hope Bob freaks the moho out! Wish I could be there.

James

i just noticed on the calendar it says the spades in ottawa next week! :)

Yup, and it's at Cafe Dekcuf; this'll be the first time they've played there.

i somehow had missed this great news! psyched.

These days, when I find out about shows, I tend to put the announcement only in the calendar, without creating a separate Cavern topic (unless there's something else special about the show, like a two-night run or something). While this limits the duplication of topics, it means that people who don't check the calendar (or don't check it very often) may miss things.

Aloha,

Brad