Jambands.ca

Upload your One Step Beyond recordings here!!!

kookycanooky

Hey guys,

etree has been given permission to post shows by the band, you can find their collection page here:

http://www.archive.org/details/OneStepBeyondband

right now its empty but I hope that with all your help it will soon change.

*note* if you are an eager beaver, their band identifier may not be visible until later tonight since the permission only went through yesturday.

start uploading!

*note* if you are an eager beaver, their band identifier may not be visible until later tonight since the permission only went through yesturday.

I don't think bands are assigned unique identifiers anymore. Provided a show's identifier (including band prefix, date, source, etc.) is unique, the show can be uploaded.

Aloha,

Brad

apparently there is a pull-down menu where you are required to choose the band name.

Ah, sorry, you're right: after you finish a transfer (via FTP), the next step in processing a recording takes you to a page where you start by selecting the artist's name (in full) from a pull-down, and it'll take them a bit to add "One Step Beyond" to the menu. (I had thought you meant the assigning of a prefix for "One Step Beyond" that would have to be used for all of their shows; that's the part that isn't done anymore.)

Aloha,

Brad

I'm not sure what you mean by "streamline", but yes, you can pretty much use your own prefix, provided that the ultimate identifier (including prefix, date, source, etc.) is unique.

With the new upload system, before you can FTP anything, you have to enter info into separate fields for the artist identifier (which can be anything you want; for David Lauzon recordings, for example, I usually use "dlauzon", but could just as easily use "davidlauzon"), the date, and anything else (e.g., source info). If the resulting identifier is unique, you get given an FTP address (which'll be different for each upload; at least, I've never seen repeats) up to which you load the files (into a directory whose name is the full identifier).

The files themselves can be named anything you want, provided they follow the usual artist/date/disc/track/extension naming conventions. Some uploaders include the source info in the names of the individual files (I don't).

So, for "One Step Beyond" shows, entering the artist identifier as "osb", a date of "1997-10-11", and source/other info as "sbd.shnf" will work fine, provided nobody has uploaded any other show (by "One Step Beyond" or any other artist) with the same info. The association between an artist and a show is now made via the pull-down menu on the page you use after the upload finishes; it used to be based on the artist prefix, but that was too limiting, I guess.

Aloha,

Brad