Jambands.ca

so ...

phishtaper

If he goes, so should Jean Chretien.

I wonder about the odd 2 million he won in his civil suit... what happens with that money should something really come out of all of this?

I also wonder why Schreiber is NOW speaking up about this.. what changed?

I watched a documentary a month or so ago hosted by Lloyd Robertson called "the Mulroney Years" or something like that... i actually came out of it all kind of feeling sorry for him! yikes.

I watched a documentary a month or so ago hosted by Lloyd Robertson called "the Mulroney Years" or something like that... i actually came out of it all kind of feeling sorry for him! yikes.

Saw it too, enjoyable, but without question the biggest blowjob in Canadian journalistic history. It was also made I believe as a pre-emptive defence in light of all this stuff coming out.

I also wonder why Schreiber is NOW speaking up about this.. what changed?

Basically, as journalists began to uncover more details about the cash payments, Mulroney sought from a Schreiber a signed affadavit confirming that he had never given Mulroney a cent, Schreiber refused, this was the first split, then as more details came out Mulroney's spokesman told a CBC reporter that Schreiber was the "biggest fucking liar the world has ever seen." - Schreiber saw this and got so pissed off that the guy he helped so much over the years(Mulroney) had betrayed him, he basically went public with his version of things backed up by signed legal affadavits etc.

Schreiber is also using his information on the whole affair as a way to escape the legal system back in Europe that want to toss the book at him as well.

Mulroney called his bluff, but it doesn't seem to be a bluff, and hopefully Molroney will fall for any wrongdoings that he may have done.

The system is spinning its wheels right now though. Harper is supposedly ensuring that this is how it continues ... what a guy :P What happened to Prime Minister Transparency?

Hence, in 1984, a few days after publicly savaging then-prime minister John Turner for rewarding Liberal cronies with patronage jobs, Mulroney told reporters, in what he thought was an off-the-record conversation, that he saw nothing wrong with the practice.

"There's no whore like an old whore," he said. "If I'd been in (their) position, I'd have been right there with my nose in the public trough like the rest of them."

but without question the biggest blowjob in Canadian journalistic history...

no doubt! I was near tears when he was questioned about the whole Bouchard fallout. What kind of question is "do you think he'll attend your funeral?"... my god.

thanks for clarifying events leading up to this.