Jambands.ca

The Ohio State Buckeyes

Whitey

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Sad day in Buckeye Nation! I love Tressel and that sweater vest.

108-22, what a fucking record! And I think 7 straight victories against Michigan.

Wipes away from eye

Fuck you! ;)

Tressel won't be out the game long. Amazing recruiter and his record speaks for itself.

I can't believe they fired him. I figured he was ok even with the continued violations. Tressel will go down in Buckeye lore as one of the greatest.

tressel.jpg

sobbing

That's good, I like that one.

USC's National Championship was taken away yesterday. Reggie must feel like an asshole.

I am sure the 40 plus million he's made in the NFL to this point and his Super Bowl ring make up for it all in his mind.

• 3 months later...

Yo Sloth... pertaining to your points in the NFL thread about the Big 12, i gotta tell you, its about to implode.

Texas A&M were just granted tenative acceptance into the SEC. Colorado left with Nebraska and now Oklahoma want out too. Too much shit was started by Texas with the TV station thats for sure.

As for the Huskers schedule, I dont see it as one that they could easily run the table... there are several very hard games there and playing in a new league for teh first year. Going into Wisconsin in week 5 is going to be very tough if they dint get their offense moving. Then home to The Buckeyes the next week when the players would be coming off suspension adds to OS's presense. Mind you, its TOUGH playing at Memorial Stadium. Especially with the record setting string of 313 consecutive sellouts.

All i know is I am excited to have the Big 10 network and CBS Sports HD in my package so it will be football all week long.

I think they're the best team in the Big10, not by a wide margin, but I think they'll win Big10. OSU isnt as good without Tressell, he's was a great coach. Wisconsin never gets it done. Undefeated? Maybe not but it worries me. I'd love to see a game at Memorial Stadium, it must be nuts.

Agreed on the Big12, Texas went too far. There's talk that Baylor will sue Texas A&M is they leave but I still hope they do, it'll give the SEC a recruiting presence in the hotbed that is Texas.

Thats why I like the Huskers move to the Big 10 to start tapping into the Ohio market which is another hotspot for high school players.

quote]

Good try' date=' but no luck! Boys from Ohio want to play in one place and one place only:

The Horseshoe

[img']http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ohio-stadium-script-ohio.jpg

says Charles Woodson... oops.

Crazy week two in the Big Ten with two powerhouse teams being pushed to the brink...

Ohio State almost lost to Toledo winning by 5 and Toledo was pushing the red zone at the end of the game.

Nebraska was given everything it could handle with Fresno State winning 42-29. Fresno seemed to have the answer for the first three quarters until all the sudden the Blackshirts played like blackshirts on defense and Martinez began to hit some big running and passing plays. Go Big Red.

Michigan State looked good in a 44-0 win.

Northwestern won big as well. Penn State lost to the Crimson Tide which was to be expected. Iowa lost to Iowa State which was a bit of a surprise to me.

Outside the Big Ten defending champs Auburn put on a strong showing knocking off #16 Mississippi State which should move them back up the rankings a bit this week.

Huskers move to 3-0 with the revenge game on the Holiday Bowl that they lost to Washington last year... they are still nowhere that they need to be to face Wisconsin but i did see some bright points tonight...

The offense is starting to click... even the passing game.

Crick is stepping up like he is expected to on the d line... alot more pressure on teh QB today that I had seen in teh first three weeks. Once Dennard gets back for the start of Big Ten play it should be a major boost to teh secondary.

Wyoming next.

• 2 weeks later...

What a glorious day in the BigTen it was yesterday.

Nice BigTen debut Nebraska, you dodged Texas and Oklahoma only to lose to Wisconsin. Ouch. Martinez straight up stunk.

Best part during game was when one of commentators (i have no idea who it was, I was channel flipping) said that he thought Wisconsin should be up for consideration for number 1 and the other guy basically groaned and said yeah, if LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma, Standford and Boise all lose.

Love BigTen that scheduling. That's why you have to schedule a few strong games out of conference for the love of god. I'd love to see the BigTen get hammered again in the national game but it's not going to happen.

Also Michigan? Interesting.

Arkansas beating Texas A&M was a nice way to welcome them to the SEC conference.

I did say it was glorious day in the BigTen, it was just beating on Nebraska was more pressing.

I hope OSU can get it together in time for Wisconsin because the only other opponent that's ranked that Wisconsin faces is Illinois who, I've got a feeling, isn't going to be ranked by the time they play. It's pretty criminal how lame their schedule is.

Feel bad for Boise because yet again they smack someone down yet dropped big in the rankings. Don't really see how their schedule is that much different than Wisconsin's. They beat Georgia who I think, judging from what I saw on Saturday, could beat Nebraska.