Jambands.ca

Jays sign David Eckstein

afro poppa

dont they already have a middle infield?

why do they need a weak hitting barely average fielding shortstop who's entering his aging years? its not that i totally dislike eckstein, i just cant wrap my head around this signing.

World Series MVP and a solid all-star shortstop? I like the deal. A career .286 and he batted .306 last year, plus he's not old in baseball years.

Guys, Eckstein is a World Series MVP and is now on a Jays team that has virtually no playoff leadership. Eck is quite a bit better hitter than Mac or he wouldn't have been an all-star. It's no secret the Jays have been wanting to find a consistent bat from the shortstop position for a number of years. This is a win-win situation, unless Eck is on the Mitchell Report.

well, i hope you guys are right... if they got him to get on base and get in position to score, then they better not trade away their run producers (glaus, rios) for more pitching, especially if they're taking the chance on a weaker infield.

in the context of moves they've tried to make this offseason, i just dont get this one - not saying he might not net them a few more runs and a couple more wins, but seriously, i dont see how they're all that much better now.

i certainly agree his attitude will be a bonus - that'll likely be the biggest thing.