Jambands.ca

INTRODUCING: DR. DFUNKT

Jay Funk Dawg

drdfunkt.jpg

Kamran Abdi and Chuck Warren played in a popular band on the East Coast called "Dr. Dfunkt" they've both recently moved to Toronto - to "make it big" sort of speak - they're pretty serious players and they've recruited myself and Dave Chan to fill out the band - we'll be playing our first show together on Dec. 29th at the Rivoli

Band Websites:

www.drdfunkt.com

www.myspace.com/drdfunkt

The doctor's always on call...Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Dr. dFunkt is one of the few Canadian acts producing original funk music. In just two years, Dr. dFunkt has released two albums, Nuerotik (Nov 2004) and Running Hot (Sept 2006). The title track from Running Hot was nominated for Urban Single of the Year at the 2007 East Coast Music Awards. Where Nuerotik was a loop-based eloctro-funk treat, Running Hot delivered a live-off-the-floor funk-rock masterpiece. Still the common thread is the tastefully catchy musicianship of Kamran Abdi. Dark and funky grooves with soulfully melodic vocals are his trademark. A prolific songwriter, Abdi has written almost all of the material for the next Dr. dFunkt album, which he describes as “perfectly funky pop-rock.†Born in Pakistan, raised in Saudi Arabia, and educated in North America, Kamran Abdi uses the principles of funk music to incorporate his diverse influences. Their live performances are described as Prince & Jamiroquai -meets- Guns N' Roses & Daft Punk. Some of their live covers include funked out versions of Could You Be Loved (Bob Marley), Heart Shaped Box (Nirvana), Whipping Post (ABB) and Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath). Their tough rhythms and killer riffs have been rocking shows throughout Atlantic Canada....

... it all starts again now outta Toronto

comments and suggestions encouraged!

These guys Rock I love seeing these guys always a sweet time, too bad when they come here I will be back home DAM!!! haha Check these guys out, there awesome !

you are in luck - these guys have just moved to Toronto - so they will be kickin' around for the next year... hope to get these guys on the ontario circuit soon.

These guys Rock I love seeing these guys always a sweet time, too bad when they come here I will be back home DAM!!! haha Check these guys out, there awesome !

you are in luck - these guys have just moved to Toronto - so they will be kickin' around for the next year... hope to get these guys on the ontario circuit soon.

HAHAHAHA Jay "Don King" Cleary! is getting these mean music Machines on line to take over the Ontario Title !!