Jambands.ca

Tech Question: Wireless Music

boiler

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the products available to wirelessly transmit music files from your computer to your stereo system?

Something like this: http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=209&subcategory=668&product=16186

There was another neat one my brother showed me but I forget what it was called, it had digital outs (optical and digital cable) and cost around $300.

I could just get the wireless option on the xbox 360 going but I'm not a huge fan of the xbox's media player. For example when you're scrolling through your music the xbox makes an annoying "scroll" sound, that's a real downer when you're trying to "DJ" a party. I find the playlists cumbersome also, mostly though because I'm so used to itunes and like it, so never bothered to give Zune a try.

Thanks for the help, it was the squeeze box that my brother showed me. It looks really sweet. Where did you guys buy it?

Back in my Toronto Apt. days, I just had my computer hooked up directly to my stereo with a digital connection, not so in the new place.