Jambands.ca

Kingston underground music icon Wally High dead @ 59

Jaimoe

I had met Wally high through mutual friends, he had come out to our shows in Kingston. One time when I was passing through a studio near kingston and stopped in to talk to the engineer, Wally was working on a song and out of the blue says "hey will you play guitar right now on this?" not wanting to miss the spontaneity of it all I did it and he sang live right beside me. 5 minutes later it was done. I found out later he had Willie P Bennett add some stuff to it (whom I love willie as well), and a few months after that I heard a mix. That was the kind of guy Wally was, he'd bring people together.

He also had us play a few of his Joe Shows and was extremely dedicated to those events as well as the music lending library in dedication to Joe Chithalen. I had met Joe Chithalen only once a few days before he died but Wally talked to me as if I had known Joe and himself all my life. He will be missed. Wally, I'm sorry I didn't make it to the cd release a few weeks ago, if I'd only known it would all happen so quick.RIP

Here is an example of Wally's efforts:

JoeShow

Edited by Guest