Jambands.ca

Rotten Tomatoes 2007 Film Awards

Jaimoe

Since we've been talking about movies recently. I love Rotten Tomatoes.

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com), Fox Interactive Media’s ultimate online movie destination, today announced the recipients of the 9th Annual Golden Tomato Awards, which pay tribute to the best-reviewed films of 2007 in 17 categories. Disney and Pixar’s latest animation creation, “Ratatouilleâ€, resonated with moviegoers and critics alike and took top accolades from Rotten Tomatoes by receiving the Golden Tomato Award for the Wide Release Film of the Year. Fox Searchlight Pictures’ “Onceâ€, the charming, captivating tale of love and music, received the Golden Tomato Award for Limited Release Film of the Year.

Rotten Tomatoes’ Tomatometer, which was used to tabulate the Golden Tomato Award winners, is a tool that measures the percentage of favorable print, broadcast, radio, and online reviews from accredited film critics across the nation to rank movies as Fresh (60% or above) or Rotten (below 60%). Movies with a score of at least 75% on the Tomatometer receive the “Certified Fresh™†accolade.

2007 Golden Tomato Award Winners

Wide Release: "Ratatouille"

Limited Release: "Once"

Action/Adventure: "The Bourne Ultimatum"

Animation: "Ratatouille"

Comedy: "Juno"

Drama: "Away From Her"

Horror: "Grindhouse"

Kids/Family: "Enchanted"

Romance: "Atonement"

Sci-Fi/Fantasy: "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"

Documentary: "Sicko"

Foreign Language: "The Lives of Others"

Musical: "Once"

Thriller: "No Country for Old Men"

UK Release: "Hot Fuzz"

Australian Film: "Ten Canoes"

Moldy Tomato (Worst Reviewed Movie of the Year):

"Because I Said So"

I was disappointed with "Hot Fuzz". Still, I love Simon Pegg. "The Lives of Others" is a fantastic film as is "Once" (obviously). I enjoyed "Sicko" and the newest "Harry Potter" and "Ratatouille". I really want to see "No Country for Old Men", "Juno" and "Away from Her".

And "No Country for Old Men" just got nominated for Best Picture at this year's Oscars, as did "Juno", "There Will Be Blood", "Atonement" and "Michael Clayton".

I'm really excited that Once was recognized with the nomination of "Falling Slowly" in the Best Original Score category.