Jambands.ca

Accepting Pledges for this Year's Walk for MS

Patchoulia

I think Basher started one of these threads, too, but I figure I should get going on this..we all know someone with MS. It's a horrible disease. One of my best friends has it. This is my third year doing the walk. I've raised over $500 in both years I've done it and hope to do the same this year. NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL and any contribution is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks guys!

https://msofs.mssociety.ca/2008walk/Donate.aspx?L=2&PID=985247

My friend was diagnosed in her mid-20s. Her entire left side went numb. She had to have home care for 2 weeks where a nurse came and injected her with IV steroids every day in order to restore feeling and her ability to move in that side. The doctor said the first incident may have been years before when she had a twitch in her eye.

It's insidious and awful. I know at least 3 other people with this disease and I'm sure I know others who just haven't made it known.

It's bad.

• 1 month later...

Amy--I will be pledging you! Good job!

Just sending out another appeal...Basher really needs some sponsors...I'm about $150 away from my goal, which I can probably end up begging from my co-workers...but Brian hasn't received any pledges yet, so any amount would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

UPDATE: I just got another pledge from my Dad's office, which put me over the $500 goal I had set.

If anyone here was still interested in sponsoring me, I ask that you sponsor Stoned Phillips instead, so we can both reach our goal.

You can visit her MS Walk page to pledge her online!

Thanks to everyone who is supporting us!