Jambands.ca

The Who at the CNE way back in June 1989

Freak By Night

The movie clearly shows the distinctions b/w the mods and rockers. There's a bunch of stuff on wikepedia .

In the early '80 I defintely dressed the part with the narrow dress pants and dessert boots. And I was listening to punk, ska, etc... The rockers were those guys that listened to heavy metal music and had long hair (so did I a few years later, dyed it black as well, but that was more a goth/punk thing - gotta love those labels.) At the time it was uncool to listen to stuff like Zeppelin, at least amongst my crowd. A few years later when I was rediscovering stuff like Zeppelin a buddy gave me his LZ albums cause it still was not cool.

Today, I think, Supergrass, best represents the mod thing, at least musically. New album coming out and hopefully a NA tour to follow. Awesome band.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, I think, Supergrass, best represents the mod thing, at least musically. New album coming out and hopefully a NA tour to follow. Awesome band.

Great band, although I've never connected them with mod. Two bands that come to mind when I think of mod-influenced bands from this era are The Hives and another great Swedish group, The International Noise Conspiracy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syJ-aE6JF5E

Also' date=' SRV opened for, and then kicked Robert Plant's ass around the same time in Toronto.[/quote']

I still have the ticket stub for that show, it was in may 1988, MLG. :thumbup:

I was at the Ottawa show and don't remember SRV at all! And I was completely sober. That's terrible.