Jambands.ca

Hang Drums

Ol'Hickster

Well from what i have learned from extensive Googling, is that a hand drum you have to specal order from Switzerland and is quite quite outa my price range at the moment but I did find out that there is a simular drum that sounds funky aswell and it about 400 or so is a oscar drum and the super positive is its a local company that makes them Tribal Thunder there from Waterford I belive so not only would I get a cool instrument with my tax return this year I will also love to support local, canadian busness :P

haha :P waiting for work to end? I had to write a course exam for work today so I went in wrote it and then left and did my rrsp's and then had some pints all before being home at 1 :P

All before one eh..... whatta mornin.... you can take the man outta charlotte county but ya cant take the charlotte county out of the man :)

Hey Ricky, what's that big box drum called? I was thinking of making one. I have lots of materials and the facilities to do some welding. Except for the skin, where can you get some goat skin? (sorry vegans around here)

I was thinking about welding together a steel frame that I could stretch the skin over and form the frame of the drum which, I can bolt some nice plywood or something to, to make the box. The one that Ricky made had a screw inside the box to tune the drum with. I'm not quite sure how that worked, but if it's explained I'm sure I can make it no problem.

BoilerRat, check out our friends website, he sells goatskin, as well as amazing handmade drums and babyrattles

www.moonrisemusic.ca

also, they have one of these hang drums, only they call it a hung. im pretty sure he made it as well, maybe if you email him, hickster, maybe he can hook you up, if not by making you one, by teling you where to go to get one. thats your best bet though, is emailing them.

cheers, hope this helps