Jambands.ca

On hold.........

geomouse

So I was on hold today for about 15 minutes with Bell when I started to get distracted. They were filling the time with this erie sort of Jammy loop music that was somehow hypnotizing me.

I pryed the receiver from the dent which was developing in the side of my head and layed it down on the desk, wondering how long it might be before I'd get to speak to a real person.

Then I started browsing Jambands here for a bit, occaisionally checking the line for life.

I ended up at in a place which was remote and vaguely familiar. It was the Harry Manx and Kevin Breit video....now I was truly slipping.

Still no signs of a living being on the other end of the line.

Almost 25 minutes into my holding pattern now.

I left the receiver in front of the desktop speakers and went to get some food. Death Have Mercy, indeedy.

When I returned 10 minutes later there was life. But not much help.

Why alla time huh?

g

Alexander Graham wouldn't be impressed

Bell's the textbook example of corporations fine tuned to rake in money a lot while caring about those from whom its raked barely at all

extremely happy to be off them, had so many cold empty experiences in dealing with them in the past

I'm locked in now too, like an addiction, with a lot of services through them. The only advantage I have is reliability over some of the other telecom services up in this area. We tried the 'other' guys but with wireless, multiple phone lines and satellite and all that related hardware shit I suppose I'll just have to sleep and bear it.

geomouse,

You are in my neck of the woods. Have you looked at BMTS. They are now offering Digital TV Service over the phone lines. Wireless you cant do much about, but for Internet and Phone I would highly recommend BMTS. I'm real curious about the TV option but I think the lines in my old house may not be up to snuff.

http://www.brucetelecom.com/fibrefaq.shtml

Why is Bruce Telecom installing FTTH in Southampton? The installation of fibre optic cable in Southampton will allow Bruce Telecom to provide multiple services to your home with the latest digital technology and improve the Quality of Service to you.

If I want phone service, high speed Internet or television from Bruce Telecom, do I need to have fibre buried to my home? Yes.

I wonder what they're charging for the line installation. Might be worth a call...

If I want phone service, high speed Internet or television from Bruce Telecom, do I need to have fibre buried to my home? Yes.

Not necessarily,

BMTS Digital TV FAQ

Who will be able to get Digital TV?

The majority of customers in our telco area of Tiverton, Kincardine, Port Elgin, Paisley and Southampton who qualify for Cheetah DSL service. There may be some restrictions in regards to distance and/or line quality.

If I want phone service' date=' high speed Internet or television from Bruce Telecom, do I need to have fibre buried to my home? Yes. [/quote']

Not necessarily,

BMTS Digital TV FAQ

Who will be able to get Digital TV?

The majority of customers in our telco area of Tiverton, Kincardine, Port Elgin, Paisley and Southampton who qualify for Cheetah DSL service. There may be some restrictions in regards to distance and/or line quality.

Looks like they will give you all the 'services' on existing phone lines. But when the cable is being buried on your street you will be forced to switch over or lose connection.

I'm going to investigate this for sure over the next while. Thanks Irie Guy

g