Jambands.ca

Chuck Swirsky leaving Toronto

Basher

I've been listening to Chuck's radio show today. They've smartly given Chuck time off, however Nelson Millman (station VP and general manager), sports director Doug Farraway and the vapid milfy Barb DiGuilio are fielding calls regarding Chuck and the firing of Maurice etc... Some callers are furious with Chuck and get cut-off immediately, but none of this is his doing.

I can't listen to Mike Hogan. I still long for the days when Dan Shulman was on the Fan with McCown. I really like listening to McCown. Unfortunately they have blocked the entire Fan590 website at work and I have not figured out any workarounds. I have found podcasts of prime time sports though online.

Back to Swirsky - definitely hard shoes to fill. I liked the way he called a game. I never got the whole salami and cheese thing though. found that sort of strange.

Edited by Guest

If Rome was up against Bob, I'd probably flick the dial back and forth a lot, but listen to Bob more. He's more provovative and by far more controversial than Rome (but not as funny). I also like Bob's sidekicks like Brunt and Jim Kelly and I think Bobcat's 4-5pm phone-in slot is the only interesting phone-in segment on the entire Fan programming day. However, Bob is self-righteous and sexist and doesn't like hockey and is a class A jerk, but still, he's got a good show whether you like him or not.