Jambands.ca

JON-RAE FLETCHER (sans the River) @ Casbah, TONIGHT (Hamilton)

whiteymuseum

[color:green]Cincinnati Records Proudly Presents

TUESDAY MAY 27, 2008

JON-RAE FLETCHER

ALPHA BABY

THE POINT OHS

WE WERE HEADS

8PM || $5 || LIC-AA

CASBAH

306 King St W || 905-521-4441 || http://www.casbahlounge.ca

"The album as a whole, the feel that it was written for a different generation, like the 1950’s when guys wore letterman sweaters, girls wore those long poodle skirts, and sock hops were all the rage. Perhaps it’s the work of Paul Aucoin (The Sadies, Cuff The Duke, Fembots) at the controls that aids in this feel, as the album sounds very organic and natural, like it was recorded live in the studio. Overdubs and other trickery are kept to a minimum, allowing the band to sound much the way they do live, and it’s this lack of technology that gives the album such a warm, lovely, and thoroughly inviting sound." - Musicangle.com

MAY27casbahWEB.jpg

If you didn't catch this guy in Hamilton or Brantford, do yourself a favor and check it out in T.O. tonight or Waterloo on Sunday!

I went last night and he's on fuckin' fire! Unfortunately The River is done, disbanded. On the plus side, Jon is recording like crazy and the material I heard last night is amazing.

Jon Rae and The River were amazing! This guys voice just hangs around in your head for so long. It's incredible and I KNOW you won't be disappointed KevO! Check 'em out.

The coolest thing about him playing with Alpha Baby is the band backs him for a quarter of his set and it sounds like the fucking Truckers! Amazing!