Jambands.ca

Telus

AD

How about them starting to charge for INCOMING txt messages???? (just like the Bell bastards).

Seriously, to piss somebody off you could send hundreds of txt msgs to them and they will have to pay for it!!

I called to complain. Asked them to turn off txt messaging on my account. They said they couldn't!? Bullshit, they can turn off web browsing, call display, message centre, call forwarding, conference call, etc. etc. etc. but NOT txt messaging?????? ASSHOLES!

I'll be calling in to dispute charges a lot once August starts i think ;)

How about them starting to charge for INCOMING txt messages???? (just like the Bell bastards).

Seriously, to piss somebody off you could send hundreds of txt msgs to them and they will have to pay for it!!

I called to complain. Asked them to turn off txt messaging on my account. They said they couldn't!? Bullshit, they can turn off web browsing, call display, message centre, call forwarding, conference call, etc. etc. etc. but NOT txt messaging?????? ASSHOLES!

I'll be calling in to dispute charges a lot once August starts i think ;)

Has this been officially announced?

How about this deal for $60 / month:

- unlimited email

- unlimited data

- unlimited text messaging (incoming and outgoing, including when the new rules come into place later in the summer)

- MyFaves 10 (includes 10 people which you can call nationwide with no minutes or long distance, and you can edit the list once every month online)

- 450 daytime minutes

- evening and weekends start at 5 p.m. and are unlimited calling

- GPS

- Iphone theme

- Up to the minute weather updates

- unlimited Facebook

- special voicemail - call waiting - call forwarding - call display - conference calling and all the bells and whistles

i actually cancelled our Telus yesterday. we use the cell so infrequently and could not justify the $53/month "minimum cost" service we had. we have decided to go with PC Mobile and pay per call ... which will probably work out to less than $15/month.

the Telus people played hardball when i cancelled yesterday, transferring me to different people. finally, the "Retention Officer" desparately tried to convince me to stay and claimed they could match everything about PC's plan (all of a sudden she was willing to give me call display, call answer for free, yet I'd been paying $12/mtn). i just didnt like her attitude and wasn't in any way persuaded to stay.

i anticipate mass exodus away from Telus because of the charges. they'll have to hire sooooo many more people to take the pissed off phone calls, hopefully prompting them to give up this shit. If i've signed a fucking contract they'd better as fuck stick to it, otherwise, it's robbery (IMO)

i think you may be right about the mass exodus from telus and bell, schwa. when i bought the PC phone yesterday, the woman said they just cannot keep them in stock. lots of people are moving over to PC because they are fed up with rogers, bell and telus.

and yeah, when did it become alrite to violate a contract (even if only in spirit and not necessarily in word)?

depends on what 'plan' you have. if your plan is airtime and/or longdistance only, then you will be charged for incoming text. if your plan includes text messages, then no, you will not be charged for incoming texts.

that's the bottom line problem with all of this stuff. there are 100 different "plans" and it becomes terribly confusing.

a colleague just got an iphone and a $60/mth plan. once you add all the other charges onto his monthly bill, that "$60 plan" costs $120.

yup, the "plans" are if you include a txt bundle. So, if you don't pay a flat-fee for txt msgs then you're being pressured into getting one (which increases your bill). They say they are offering that as an "option" ... pffft ... fuckers. My bill should be going DOWN.

What is this PC Phone you are talking about?

Edited by Guest

PC = Presidents Choice. It's just Loblaws forray into the cell phone market just like their forray into banking, cookies, and incredibly tasty key lime pie.

The network used is actually Bell. They have plans as well but their key marketing strategy is no network fee, no charge for call display, call answer, etc. Together, these fees normally add up to over $20 on most Telus, Rogers and Bell cellphones. On PC you literally pay for just what you use. But, you pay a lot: 20c/min local, additional 25c/min for LD in NorthAmerica. You put money onto an account by buying and registering $15, $25 airtime cards or by using your credit card. Balances will expire after 30 or 60 days, but if you add a bit more, it will continue to roll into next month (does not expire).

We went with it because we barely use the phone but want to have one, just in case. We have averaged less than 20min/month for years now. For heavy talkers, it would probably not be a great company to go with, but according to the woman in the store, they are selling like hotcakes to occasional users.

I will have to see how well it works out for me, but I just could not stomach paying telus that much money for something we barely use (and believe me, that was the best "plan" they offered us). If my experience registering the phone last night is any indication of the quality of customer service, I will be thrilled. The person was as helpful as I have ever experienced. Clearly, they have hired quality staff to deal with the expected migration.