Jambands.ca

Working in Whistler

Jakis

more than a few winters...i used to live there.

not sure what to tell you - what sort of work are you going to be looking for? get a job at the mountain if you want a free pass. other places offer passes sometimes too.

whistler is just as nice in the summer as in the winter, and without the tourists.

i worked at the boot which was great but it's gone! :(

i also worked at the IGA, which was really good. i mean it was a nice place to work and paid about $5/hr more than most retail (ie min. wage). i was a cashier.

i know the owner and stuff of course, so you can say you know me if you want!

Thanks phorbesie!

I am going to do a little more research and planning. My brother lives in Vancover and has some friends in Whistler so I will give him a call tonight and let him know I am thinking about moving and working in Whistler!

I did a winter in Golden and a winter in Rossland. In Golden I worked at a cafe called the Dogtooth Cafe (gone now) and it was great, though it was a daytime job so it sometimes got in the way of the ski bum life. Kicking Horse is by far the best terrain I've ever ridden on! In Rossland I worked in the kitchen at the hill (Red Resort).. Got a fair bit of snowboarding in but it was a bum winter, no snow. Rossland is a town of 2000 so if no nightlife doesn't suit you, skip on it. I preferred to go for the small and more low-key ski hills as opposed to the biggies like Whistler. The advantage of Whistler or Banff is that you can see good higher-profile live music every now and then. Lake Louise and Banff (Sunshine) are pretty easy places for first-timers, as in really easy to find work and get set up with minimal outside help. Whatever you chose to do, enjoy!

ps - If I were in your shoes I would be thinking Revelstoke.