Jambands.ca

Rapidz fire Ed Nottle

Big Wooly Mammoth

Apparently they made the announcement last night. No mention of it on the Team 1200 this morning (at least while I was listening). Within five minutes of tuning into CBC radio I had heard the news. They also did a nice interview with the former manager.

While the Rapidz did have a lousy record, was it really Ed's fault? The team was put together at the last minute with no nucleus. What did they expect? The team had been hitting like crazy lately, though and won 6 games in a row, while Ed was at home with his sick wife.

On another note, why am I getting my Rapidz news, on a regular basis, from the CBC rather the supposedly "sports" station. Why don't they change their name to "The Senators 1200" which is really the only team that they cover seemingly 95% of the time.

That is either the biggest mistake' date=' or greatest decision the team has ever made. I can't wait to see what happens next![/quote']

I would say their biggest mistake was coming to ottawa.

they will be gone in 2-3 years. maybe stick it out for 4.

IIRC, they stated that they needed to get about 2000 out to the games on average. From what I have read, they have been meeting that, and exceeding that goal.

I'm not sure that I agree with the decision to fire Ed Nottle. But it really exemplifies the difference b/w this league and AAA. This team is trying to make the playoffs and is clearly doing whatever they think will help them do so. Having the season split into two halves is also pretty cool. Otherwise the team would have no chance.

FWIW, they did mention, and lament, the decision on The Team.

I have no doubt that it was mentioned. I just said that I hadn't heard it on the Team. the story seemed to get much more prominence on the CBC. You would think that a "sports" station would have been all over this story.