Jambands.ca

**N.M.A.S. & BNB TONIGHT @ Barrymore's

ersh

Well, from the perspective of someone who was at both the Lee's Palace Toronto and Barrymore's Ottawa show, I'd say, once again, that Ottawa got the better of the two shows. Seems to me this happened with the ABB shows in the summer too...hmm, is this an ongoing thing, or is it just that I'm in a better mood when I'm in Ottawa. Could be, but I don't think that's why the show was better. Started with BnB warming up the room - always a treat. But then NMAS did almost the entire "Shake Hands With Shorty" album, which completely rips. The setlist on the soundboard said that the final tune was to be "Po Black Maddie", which they'd done as encore at Lee's the day before. I wondered when they switched it to "All Night Long", whether it was because they thought all the heads gettin' down in front might appreciate the "Lovelight" segue. At the Toronto show, there were not near the amount of heads dancing as in Ottawa. And I'd say the Ottawa crowd was about twice the size of the Toronto crowd. This Toronto crowd was about half the size of the last TO NMAS Lee's Palace show, perhaps because it was announced really late. After these 2 shows, that makes 6 times I've seen NMAS, and I'm still wanting to see more. IMHO, I think the band's really growing up and it seems to me that Luther's displaying a lot more style in his guitar playing. It's a treat to have Dwayne filling out the lineup on second guitar too. Great show - definitely worth the trip to Ottawa! [big Grin]

Archived