Jambands.ca

Stupid Computer Question

rubberdinghy

In theory a pair of USB speakers should work without a problem. Although if you are having software conflicts with your audio drivers you might still run into problems.

Only real way to know is to plug in and see.

What you may want to try prior to spending the money would be uninstalling all of your current audio drivers from your hardware device manager. Then turn your computer off and on and again, allowing windows to re-install your sound drivers. That may fix the problem.

Edited by Guest

usb audio devices are very reliable and very "plug and play". Never had an issue with them, ever. They seem to run "driver free" on windows mac and even most linux installs. I say go for it. If all else fails, you can smash them out of frustration which should be at least slightly fun and worth part of the purchase price.

edit: or get one of these and then you can broadcast to a house full of radios. I have one and it is freaking awesome.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330268385783

Edited by Guest

usb audio devices are very reliable and very "plug and play". Never had an issue with them, ever. They seem to run "driver free" on windows mac and even most linux installs. I say go for it. If all else fails, you can smash them out of frustration which should be at least slightly fun and worth part of the purchase price.

edit: or get one of these and then you can broadcast to a house full of radios. I have one and it is freaking awesome.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330268385783

That things neato...do they sell it in stores?

No, but I ordered it from that seller and it came fast and friendly.

Regarding drivers, USB speakers have absolutely nothing to do with whatever sound card/driver you currently have. They completely bypass it as long as they are officially a "USB Audio" device. They have the soundcard essentially built into them.

But I highly recommend that USB transmitter. I have a radio in every room-and in the back yard-and I just turn it on in whatever room I'm in, all being fed from a single computer. And it covers all 3 floors of the house...