Jambands.ca

Use the Force - Play Guitar

bouche

there should be a 'light saber' drive transister hooked up to a button on Yoda's light saber that would turn it on. LEDs wouldn't draw much power, and there are passive transistors that work like distortion pedals...so one 9V battery would last a long time.

That would be ultimitely the coolest Star Wars Guitar feature...

But that is still a cool guitar.

there should be a 'light saber' drive transister hooked up to a button on Yoda's light saber that would turn it on. LEDs wouldn't draw much power, and there are passive transistors that work like distortion pedals...so one 9V battery would last a long time.

That would be ultimitely the coolest Star Wars Guitar feature...

But that is still a cool guitar.

LEDs arent trannies, theyre diodes, light emitting diodes, hence the name. but you are right, 1 9v would last forever just powering an led, well, it depends on what size resister you had between the 9v and the led, a 1-4K resister would light it up bright enough to burn your eyes lol but would burn out quicker, most pedals use a 5k, but you could use larger, get a dimmer light, but make it last 3 times as long.

cool guitar, but im not really into star wars, in fact ive never seen one of those films all the way thru, i always get bored/distracted and leave lol

I wasn't talking about the LED I was talking about the litle thing you wire into your guitar controls that make the signal grittier.

It's a capacitor.

Black_Ice_Overdrive.jpg

The Black Ice is a proprietary design passive distortion circuit that simulates the warm overdrive of a tube amp. This passive circuit will not add gain, but it is a variable distortion circuit that gives you added warmth and smoothness to your tone. The distortion is voiced for tube overdrive, not the heavy saturated distortion of high-gain amplifiers.

You could have a 'cap switch' to switch between 2 or more capacitors in your guitar's signal path to make it work, and hook the LED up to switch on when the 'Black Ice' drive gets switched on.

This would also be awesome on a guitar with a raised pick guard with different coloured LEDs underneath...les paul? or mounted on the inside chamber of a Hollowbody. That'd look awesome on a guitar with '50s sort of hot rod car motif...the LEDs could glow kinda like neon and the circuit could be cut when you'd unplug the guitar.

240-1250-857.JPG

Imagine if those f holes glowed blue, and red when the drive circuit was on?

Those Gretsch guitars sound great, and I've seen a lot of rockabilly players playing Gretsches. That would be an awesome touch. Especially if you could wire up some kind of 'phantom power' for the LED on your pedalboard.

Doable?