Jambands.ca

My own personal Monday morning aggravation

TheGoodRev

Sometimes when you're an infamous steel guitarist, you also have to have a part-time job at a guitar store.

Back in the PA department, we sell mic clips.

img00019a.jpg

You know, these things:

img00020c.jpg

...that hold microphones to stands.

Today we received a delivery of mic clips in a box...

img00021k.jpg

...and I realized the true magnitude of idiocy over at Apex Electronics, the manufacturer. For, you see, each mic clip is not only held to a cardboard card with a thick molded plastic piece, but then each packaged mic clip is shipped in its own handy little useless plastic bag:

img00023e.jpg

...which amounts to a whole lot of this:

img00022.jpg

...in order to achieve this:

img00024loh.jpg

Three things, my friends:

- What a waste

- I hate people

- I love all of you

Have a good week!

Write to the manufacturer: tell them how if they went to a different packaging scheme (e.g., a small plastic bag with a folded bit of cardboard stapled to the top of it) it would not only be more environemtnally friendly, but would actually save the manufacturer money (not just on the packaging materials for the items themselves, but on how much volume and weight they ship, along with the amount of time and effort it takes to put it all together) and increase their margins. If you could find a competitor's product that was packaged better, and point it out to them, so much the better.

Aloha,

Brad

I agree, what a waste of everything... I have often thought the same that everything is overpackaged... All you want is that lip balm or bubble wand set..... I am also trying to be more aware of what kind of packaging the things I buy are in cause you will just end up throwing it away after it's used up. I'm glad a lot of things can be recycled...

Its crazy how some prodcuts are packaged and/or mailed.

My brother ordered 4 xbox 360 games from a store in London, UK (he lives in Scotland) and they came in a 16" square box, filled with the packing popcorn (or whatever its called) and each game was in individually sealed plastic bags (like the ones pictured above) and also wrapped in the usual plastic they all come in. 028ws9.gif