Jambands.ca

Turkoglu signs with the Raps

TheSloth

He's massive... a great pick up with real long-term upsides and possible "loyalty" but I don't want to speak too soon.

He's going to make thing a lot more open under the basket but my only wish is that we could have retained Marion's rights...

Calderon

Bosh

Bargnani

Turkoglu

Marion

Evans

Ukic

DeRozan

Big, fast, high scoring team, that shouldn't necesarily get torched on defense, imo.

Less injury prone team this year as well. I already expect much more than last season this time out.

Turk definately shows Bosh that the team is serious as well. He's never been on a "bad" team.

This is great for Triano too. :)

Absolutely, but they have bench coaches now which will help their depth regardless of whether they've got atheletes or basketball players sitting on it (I make a distinction between the two). Basketball players have "IQ" and learn quickly where to be on the floor to maintain a style and atheletes can be taught how to capitalize on the expectaions of other teams, exploiting patterns and personal weaknesses. Turkoglu is a basketball player, a bench coach, whereas Joey Graham is an athelete, he can only succeed at the game if he's used in the right places and times, but the same is true of the majority of ballers in the NBA. Most are not basketball players, they're tall atheletes. Those who can really play can organize a team and the more basketball players you can get on a roster the better you can play. It's Lakers vs. Sixers, imo. The Lake-show has had guys like Vujacic and Walton who are not good atheletes but they are basketball players and they improve teams by their presence. Evans, Turk, Bosh, Calderon, Marion, they're all in the basketball player category but guys like anthony parker and Bargnani float dangerously close to just being tall atheletes who don't see the floor well and have trouble communicating. I see Barg's doing much better with Turk around, simply because of the example being set... that's why I'm gonna miss marion so much.