Jambands.ca

Last Meal.

Ms Zimmy

When you leave a country you live(d) in, What has been your last meal? or What would it be? Foods that you know you wont have for a long time.

Poutine is always big on my list when I leave Canada, deciding where to go is the hard part. I love Quebec's Casse-Croutes. Finding Veggie gravy is hard.

In Korea it was galbi, I still dream of it sometimes even though I haven't eaten meat since then, maybe that's why. I loved the time with friends and the time it took to eat.

And looking forward to a really good breakfast out.

(I am already thinking about what I want to eat when I get home...)

You're coming home? When? For how long? What's your last meal in Mexico going to be?

Our last day in Belize was spent eating snapper, lobster and fresh tropical fruit. I haven't tasted snapper or fruit like that since.

When I leave Canada, I'd say I miss bacon and runny eggs for breakfast the most, Oh and CEASARS! I always crave them when I'm away and there's just no substitute.

You're coming home? When? For how long? What's your last meal in Mexico going to be?

CEASARS! I miss those so much!

We are coming home at the end of the month and sadly missing bluesfest. Will be home for 2-3 weeks. I just got a job starting August 17th so we are trying to extend our tickets to see everyone. Will you be in Vietnam then?

My last meal in Mexico will probably be at home, a salad I make with local ingredients that I eat everyday (we have an amazing market near here). OR my favorite taco place, they grill the tortilla shell until crispy, add some cheese and load it up with fried peppers, onions and mushrooms...their assorted hot sauces are amazing. Everyone that visits ends up loving this place. I guess more like a tostada

Edit to add: I really miss falafel too

Edited by Guest

Finding Veggie gravy is hard

I find the idea of veggie gravy horrifying. :)

If I was leaving Mexico, I think my last meal would be seafood. Not a big seafood person generally, but in Mexico it has always been so fresh and tasty. Oh! Breaded red snapper. (Not that I could eat that, because of the 'breaded' bit, but I envy anyone who can. First time I ever tasted fish and thought it was yummy was red snapper in Puerto Viarta. Yeah, yeah. Tourist trap. I know.)

If I was leaving Canada, I don't know. If I was leaving Ottawa, yeah, Shwarmas like Dinghy said. If I was leaving Toronto, Falaffels for sure (they get them wrong here) If I was leaving the east coast, mussels and Donairs. Unless it was PEI - then probably Lobster, which I despise, but I'd do it anyways.

If I was leaving England or Wales, I'd go hungry and be happy to be leaving.

What? You don't like fish and chips?

Oh, you cruel bastard! Yes, of course I do. But it is on the list of 'shit, he's in the hospital again' foods. You're right though, they do F&C well in the UK. The rest of the food blows. (Might help if I liked lamb, but I like it even less than lobster)

Finding Veggie gravy is hard

I find the idea of veggie gravy horrifying. :)

If I was leaving Mexico, I think my last meal would be seafood. Not a big seafood person generally, but in Mexico it has always been so fresh and tasty. Oh! Breaded red snapper. (Not that I could eat that, because of the 'breaded' bit, but I envy anyone who can. First time I ever tasted fish and thought it was yummy was red snapper in Puerto Viarta. Yeah, yeah. Tourist trap. I know.)

Really? I always found powdered meat gravy really scary. I guess it's mostly sodium and starch either way.

PV is a fishing town, so buying fish on the beach is far from a tourist trap, they were doing that way before we got here.

Edit to add: On bank at slater, they make good falafel...Shawarma Laguna I think, really nice owner.

Edited by Guest