Jambands.ca

Sisters Euclid tonite in Guelph

Tungsten Gruvsten

As mousepad mentioned, it was a thin crowd. That's too bad, given the world-class musicianship and showmanship.

I have only seen Sisters Euclid once before, at a wedding ;) , so I can't make a comment about the band with the new keyboard/accordian player (Mark Lalama) versus the old one. Having said that, I thought that the new guy seemed to fit in well for a good chunk of the night. There were times where he was laying back and I'm assuming it was because he wasn't comfortable with the material, but there were definitely times that he was right in the pocket. He even did a reading near the end of the show and the band played one of his compositions.

I'd love to see this band play a set of groove-oriented music to a big audience of jam fans. I think the crowd would love it, as long as the band didn't venture too far off into experimental jazzyland. Kind of like Medeski, Martin & Wood or Garage Mahal ... this band is capable of going where few bands can, and the result can be mind-blowing and enjoyable, but it can also be hard to comprehend and appreciate.

Kevin Breit is an incredibly talented guitar player. Sisters Euclid is a fantastic band. Last night, I thoroughly enjoyed what I heard and saw. It was fantastic!

Peace, Mark