Jambands.ca

Canada vs. USA for GOLD!!

ollie

Anyone else question the 1 man in' date=' 4 man back strategy by Canada for the entire 3rd period? Drove me nuts! [/quote']

The one man back that drove me nuts was Pronger. Scared the shit out of me every time he was on the ice. Looked so slow, could cough up the puck at any time, or take a penalty (almost got a holding call behind the net late in the chaos!)

Amen. Can't stand that guy. Does anyone remember the US being on a power play and Pronger boarding that guy in the corner to the left of Luongo? I had a heart attack but it didn't get called. He's so overrated.

[Does anyone remember the US being on a power play and Pronger boarding that guy in the corner to the left of Luongo? I had a heart attack but it didn't get called. He's so overrated

Yup. I think my heart skipped a beat waiting for the ref to raise his arm :doh: Luckily he didn't. He also came very close near the end when he got his free hand around the shoulder of a US player at the side of Luongo's net. Scare too.

Whatever the case, the final outcome was perfect.

Hahahahaa, awesome.

Penguins star Sidney Crosby after highlights of his winning goal for Canada was shown on the big screen was booed in Mellon Arena, where Sabres goalie and U.S. star Ryan Miller was given the loudest ovation:

"Most of our fans are American, so it's understandable."

What If Everybody in Canada Flushed At Once?

Written by Pats Papers | Monday, 8 March 2010 12:42 PM

http://www.patspapers.com/blog/item/what_if_everybody_flushed_at_once_Edmonton_water_gold_medal_hockey_game/

flush_game.jpg

The water utility in Edmonton, EPCOR, published the most incredible graph of water consumption last week. By now you’ve probably heard that up to 80% of Canadians were watching last Sunday’s gold medal Olympic hockey game. So I guess it stands to reason that they’d all go pee between periods.

But still—the degree to which the water consumption matches with the key breaks in the hockey game is stunning.