Jambands.ca

Canada vs. USA for GOLD!!

ollie

Now to sully this up with betting information, in case there are those that care:

USA +269

CAN -121

Draw +385

OVER 5.5 -115

UNDER 5.5 +104

USA to win the Gold Medal +193

Canada to win the Gold Medal -211

USA +0.5 +112

USA -0.5 +269

USA +1.5 -155

CAN -0.5 -121

CAN +0.5 -298

CAN -1.5 +143

1st Period

USA +286

CAN +125

Draw +187

Over 1.5 -120

Under 1.5 +107

(Effective immediately, hockey games will be graded on the results of regulation time only, unless explicitly stated otherwise in the line offering.)

USA is built well to play Canada in that they actually have a top 6 and a bottom 6. And they get last change this afternoon. I think it all comes down to if Canada can expose the young US defence. They've been relying heavily on Suter, Johnson and Johnson and they've been solid but not spectacular. But Miller's bailed them out when he's had to.

Edited by Guest

I honestly think we come out fast and are up by 2 by the second. We have the momentum going, the building will be on fire and the country is watching. It won't be a runaway but I see the game progressing as the Slovak game did, we'll be ahead for most of it but with little breathing room. I think our D and back checking wins this game for us by keeping the US attack at the fringes of the offensive zone. Our offense has certainly been better since the last time we faced Miller and today he just can't stop the barrage.

I hope.

Fuuuuck is right! Way to go Syd!

I love this country, I've been out in Calgary for the last 4 days raging with old friends, watching the games with anywhere from 15 to 1500 people at once. Rocked The Ho with White Cowbell Oklahoma. Ate duck, chicken, bison and grade A alberta beef for dinner last night and finished it off with white russian vanilla ice cream sundaes. GOLD!

Haha, awesome C-towns. I, ontheotherhand, had the luxury of watching the game with my mom and aunt. I wish I had a tape recorder too, b/c their commentary was absolutely priceless at times. Mostly though, they just yelled "shoot!," or, "pass!," or, "kill him!" at the top of their lungs, which was pretty good too.

Anyone else question the 1 man in, 4 man back strategy by Canada for the entire 3rd period? Drove me nuts!

Anyone else question the 1 man in, 4 man back strategy by Canada for the entire 3rd period? Drove me nuts!

The one man back that drove me nuts was Pronger. Scared the shit out of me every time he was on the ice. Looked so slow, could cough up the puck at any time, or take a penalty (almost got a holding call behind the net late in the chaos!)

Looked so slow, could cough up the puck at any time, or take a penalty (almost got a holding call behind the net late in the chaos!)

Look at you, complaining about things that didnt happen. Take off that douche-bonnett and appreciate what he did do on the ice.

edit to add: hahaha, douche-bonnett. You kill me sometimes DaveO

Edited by Guest